20090703

Man in the Mirror


"I know who I am inside and outside, and I know what I want to do.  And I will always go with my dreams" -Michael Jackson


I apologize that this Michael Jackson tribute-esque post is way over due.  The truth of the matter is I've been watching CNN everyday since he passed away trying to cling on to every piece of information I can (I haven't even had much time to post).  It's not even that I'm particularly interested in how he died and all of the drama it's just that I feel somewhat sentimentally attached to his music/persona.  I know many people write him off as being a creep, this and that.  I'm ashamed that even in the aftermath of his death people I know call him a disgusting person.  I mean, honestly?  I think we live in a day and age where we should recognize that not everyone is perfect...  But that's only half of it.  Michael Jackson is a perfect example of how your childhood can psychologically effect you in ways you can't necessarily control.  I suppose I'm a sentimental person but his life story has struck me in a certain way and I just can't let go.  Since Michael's death (on my birthday, June 25th), I've listened to Man in the Mirror probably (at least) five times a day.  It gets me every time.


No comments: